Current Job Openings
- Yarraville VIC
- Salary: $35.00 /hour
Architectural Draftsperson, Casual Basis – Approx 15 hours per week over Wed / Thurs / Fri – $35.00 per hour
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified Draftsperson to be involved in a Project in the Inner West of Melbourne. Our current multi-purpose space is expanding and we require a Draftsperson to be responsible for producing working drawings and making amendments as necessary.
This role will require a strong proficiency in AutoCAD, knowledge of building codes and the ability to apply this into detailed designs and construction drawings, under the Direction and Creative design of the Companies Director and General Manager, in Collaboration with an external Architectural Consultancy.
- Produce accurate and detailed drawings that comply with relevant Australian standards and local governmental guidelines as required;
- Coordinate and assist external consultants for standard design implementation;
- Ability to produce a full set of concept and detailed drawings
- Liaise with builders and answer any RFI’s during the construction and design phase;
- Updating design standards in response to business requirements;
- Manage the design documentation to be issued for construction; and
- Assist Project Managers and Building Managers during construction process with relevant and consistent design information.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge or ability to apply building codes, regulations and compliance relevant to construction, developments, documentation and drawings
- Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural) or equivalent;
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Blue Beam;
- Experience liaising with Council;
- Understanding of the design process and implementation during construction;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management, and organization skills with the ability to work autonomously
Please email applications including a Cover Letter and CV to the Director Simon Hodgson